Alpha Testing (Midterm)
There are only two types of speakers in the world. 1. The nervous and 2. Liars.
For the midterm assessment, you will present the first design iteration of your redesigned game. While you will have a chance to make changes to your game before the final, you should do your best to avoid any design flaws that will make the game un-demoable.
The requirements for the presentation are as follows:
- A short presentation that highlights the rules easily for the audience
- A 10-15 minute demo of the game from the start
- A "strategies" discussion where interesting strategies and gameplay mechanics are delineated
Since this is the alpha, the assessment criteria is different than the beta test. There is a total of 25 points for this assignment:
- (5) Instructions: How well are the instructions communicated? Can they be understood easily the first time?
- (5) Skill Play: Can a player increase their skill level each time? Can luck override skill?
- (5) Gameplay: Is it fun? This can be subjective, but would a player have a reason to play again?
- (5) Aesthetics: Do the peripherals for your game look good? Are they easy to manipulate?
- (5) Demo: Does the demo go smoothly? Does it showcase your game and all of its features?